How Four Seasons Transitioned to an Asset-Light Luxury Model - Commoncog Case Library

The Four Seasons Hotel New York is one of the most famous addresses in the brand’s portfolio. It is nestled on “Billionaires’ Row” between Park and Madison Avenues, steps away from Central Park and the boutiques of Madison Avenue. It is a grand edifice, a creation of the renowned architect I.M. Pei, who also designed the glass pyramid at the Louvre in Paris. One of its penthouses used to rent for US$50,000 a night. 


This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://commoncog.com/c/cases/four-seasons-asset-light-model/

I just realised that there’s a documentary series on Four Seasons at Park Lane, the current name for Inn on the Park, London (where Sharp introduced many things we now take for granted … like 24 hour room service, bathrobes in every room, a hidden TV, slippers in every hotel room — this was the template for the Four Seasons chain later.)

Quite an enjoyable series! I particularly loved the carpet man in episode 1!

Episode 2 has Isadore Sharp, briefly, at the end:

1 Like